GIP-06 Proposed Goldfinch Roadmap

Thanks Mike, Blake and team for providing roadmap. It is really great and amazing to
see how big you are thinking.

I’ve few thoughts -

1. L2:- Looking at some of the current backers - there is definitely demand from small backers(like myself :)). Gas costs can add up significantly on mainnet for being a backer. What is the plan for L2 deployment and in what chains is it planned ? Would be great to get some feedback on that.

2. USDC:- Eventually is there a plan to accept beyond USDC ? some might prefer to
    park DAI instead of USDC because of decentralized nature and borrower pools
    taking 3 yrs to be fully repaid back. What are your thoughts on this.

3. Borrower creditworthiness:- One of the biggest hurdle I see (for backers especially) is screening the borrowers for fraud and creditworthiness. This is what is keeping many folks away. Analyzing for fraud/creditworthiness is no easy task as you know. It takes lot of experience, time and effort and many backers do
    not have the skill to evaluate the borrower profiles. I see eventually more
    and more backers being institutions compared to individuals (now). Until we
    start seeing that - one idea I was thinking is fund(from treasury?) independent financial analyst(s) to put together a report with some sort of rating (on a scale of 1 to 10) for fraud/creditworthiness. This should ease some of this process and provide more confidence.
    Also clear and very detailed documentation on what sort of checks/balances the protocol has with borrowers along with some example situations and how they can be resolved. This is one of the very common question that get asked constantly. Anything we can do to frontload this activity should accelerate the growth significantly.

Overall love how you guys are thinking !!

6 Likes