GIP-17: New Community Management, Roles and Backpay

Thanks @RP2743 and @parallacs for putting the proposal. For those who don’t know, we had similar proposal before (GIP-08) and it did pass. As I have been in sabbatical leave for some time, I couldn’t follow-up on the current proposal. However, I believe things before and now are not the same. Discord is more stable, less message but highly improved conversations.

And such, things in this proposal perhaps need more clarity – why 2 community managers instead of 1 for similar responsibilities with 20 hours each, why 3 moderators and predominantly Russian speaking and why Japanese/Korean, etc. community is not included. Should it not be possible to share hours between different language community members such that things are optimized, the community management being more diverse (as Goldfinch is global) and fits within the budget constraints. Also, I think simply having responsibilities may not be enough now, some milestones should be tied. And milestone reporting be monthly like the way GIP-16 demanding monthly reporting from protocol borrowers.

I support backpay. But not the way it is calculated in the following proposal. Like in GIP-08, taking many variables into account, number of messages typed in discord, telegram, DMs, participation in governance discussions, twitter posts, etc. Because the last group mandate was until May 31, I suggest taking June 1 as the reference date until the date the (new) proposal is posted.