Authors: parallacs, RP
This is the proposal for an ongoing community management team structure outlining their roles, responsibilities and compensation. Below is a detailed description of how we define the members of the community management team who will have specific roles and success metrics.
With the expiration of the authority of current Community Management members on August 31, 2023, whose terms of reference were given to them after approval by Council the successful vote on GIP-48: New Community Management proposal we propose an updated Community Management structure that will help further to achieve the goals outlined in the GIP-06 Proposed Goldfinch Roadmap and any subsequent initiatives by the community.
Specification & Requirements
Optimal community management structure that is aligned to the protocol needs of high-level community management, governance, answering technical questions related with the protocol and global debt capital markets, reporting, among others.
Estimated Stats of Community (as of July, 2023)
Discord Members: ~37,8k
Twitter Followers: 52,6k+
Other language channels in discord or telegram have too low participation to count.
New Community Management
We propose the following roles based on the statistics above as well as our interactions with community members. Each role has an owner, a set of duties and responsibilities, and expected hours. Members of the new community management structure are required to engage in asynchronous communication in Discord and meet once a week to discuss topics and action items related to community management. All of the proposed candidates for the roles have proven their dedication and involvement in the project with a proven track record of timely and knowledgeable support. In addition, all of the candidates have shown great interest in becoming part of the DAO, and putting together this third proposal up for voting.
Term of authority: 3 months.
Roles: Community Manager, Community Moderator
Owners: parallacs, RP
Estimated hours per week: 7 hours for parallacs, 15 hours for RP
Based on the experience with Fazz Credit Memo, additional hours per week may apply if necessary to support a Credit Memo process: 3 hours for parallacs and 5 hours for RP
Responsibilities and Impact:
- Supporting and Evangelizing Goldfinch: responding to questions about Goldfinch in Discord Server of ~37,8k within 30 mins during working hours M-F and casual monitoring on the weekends so that every community member is welcomed and gets the help they seek.
- Supporting the process of creating a Credit Memos.
- Support for quests on Zealy and other similar platforms.
- Designing engagement initiatives for Goldfinch:
- Working closely with other community stakeholders to provide feedback on their suggestions for community engagement and help with execution (eg. Virtual events and AMAs);
- Creating and describing engagement processes and coordinating their implementation using various tools (e.g. Notion);
- Keeping track of all Community Management tasks.
- Evaluation of the activity Community Managers and Community Moderators according to success metrics for the period. Will share this one week before the expected payment for the work of Community Management.
- Encouraging Governance activity by interacting with and providing feedback on governance proposals first in Discord and then on Goldfinch governance. Execution and tracking of governance proposals.
Success metrics: analyzing and commenting on each proposal submitted to the governance discussion in early stages and as it progresses. Timely promotion and communication of each stage of governance proposal (within 1 hour).
- Running election cycle for next Community Management cohort.
Success metrics: one week before the end of the current Community Management cohort authority drafting a new proposal for Community Management and proposing candidates for a vote.
- Connecting community members on Discord with each other, and those responsible for specific support or partnership opportunities.
Success metrics: worked with community members to comment and draft over 10 proposals during the previous authority period.
- Proposal tracking: keeping a public tracker that enlists all past proposals and their status.
Success metrics: updating of public tracker within 30 minutes of receiving information about changes in the status of proposals.
- Updating general news and announcements - eg. about governance proposals in the #proposal-announcement channel on Discord or roadmap updates.
Success metrics: updating within 30 minutes of receiving information about changes in the status of proposals.
- Updating Snapshot to reflect when governance proposals go live.
- Manage discord server, bots, channels, etc. as necessary.
- Community management to meet in weekly 60 - 90 minute syncs to discuss issues / surface community pain points.
- Misc. tasks as determined and agreed on by the Community Management. eg identifying community members to participate in research, participating and promoting events.
Owners: mcegor13, Eloquent
Estimated hours per week each: 7 hours
Responsibilities and Impact:
- Follow the Goldfinch server rules on Discord and Telegram channels of Goldfinch according to the moderation rules, rules in Goldfinch Discord server and the rules in the Telegram channels, if such rules are announced in them.
- Leave no question unanswered in Discord (within 60 min during working hours M-F), and flagging responsible subject matter experts for the relevant areas through DM in Discord or in the Community Management channels if a Moderator cannot respond to specific questions.
- Welcoming individuals in the introduce-yourself channel in Discord and answering protocol related and other questions in the support, discussion and when possible other categories in Discord.
- Supporting community members in proposal-ideas channel on Discord to form a group, author, and push forward proposals.
- Moderation and responding to 150+ messages a month in general and other channels in discord + in TG;
- Responding within 60 min during hours of work M-F.
- Interacting with / providing feedback on governance proposals on Goldfinch governance.
Success metrics: analyzing and commenting on each proposal submitted to the governance discussion.
- Translating announcements in the Discord servers to respective language channels in the Goldfinch Discord, especially around big launches / community events. Translation of Goldfinch articles / Tweets in local language channels i.e. localized Goldfinch Medium or Twitter. This should only be done if a) the community is large enough; b) the platforms used are popular in the said location.
Success metrics: within two hours of receiving the information for translation (depending on the complexity of the translation).
- Community management to meet in weekly 60 - 90 minute syncs to discuss issues / surfacing community FAQs to the rest of the Community Management.
- Misc. tasks as determined and agreed on by the Community Management.
About Community Management Members:
Eloquent - I’m an economist involved in research in fields of strategic management and marketing, advised brands on media planning during the last 3 years. I’ve been in Goldfinch since the beginning of Flight Academy, which I’m lucky enough to be a contributor and help a lot of great participants figure out how to work on this project. During my time at Goldfinch, I’ve studied the protocol and needs of our community, so I know where to begin to build a truly international and professional community. Will be glad to continue my work with you!
mcegor13 - This is Egor. I started actively participating in the Goldfinch protocol in September 2021 during the Flight Academy. While participating in the Flight Academy, I was able not only to understand the mechanics of the protocol but also actively helped manage the community as a Contributor. My interests also include research, investment, and active participation in DeFi and Web 3.0 related projects.
parallacs - This is Ian. I have been involved in the Goldfinch project for a long time as Community Manager during and after Flight Academy.I have a master’s degree in economics, and of course the goal of the Goldfinch project is very interesting for me from a professional point of view. I like the vision of the protocol expressed in the Goldfinch Roadmap and I would like to keep on working toward those goals of moving all private debt to the chain. “The whole multi-trillion dollar market of it… Goldfinch will be that protocol” ©
RP2743 - This is Robert. Serving as Community Manager in the very best interests of the community, I have been involved in the GoldFinch Protocol since the Flight Academy. I also have real-life experience and a proven track record in finance and general management. I have always been exposed to other cultures and diversity either through learning new languages or through traveling and working across the globe.
GIP-48 Mandate Statistics
Number of users: 549
Number of submitted quests: 11 456
Average number of quests per user: 21
Increased number of snapshot voting members from 615 members as of the 15th April to 651 members as of the 15th of August (+6%)
Increased number of governance forum users from 827 members as of the 15th of April to 877 members as of the 15th of August (+6%)
Real-World Finance: Challenges and Opportunities
Date: the 13th July
Maintained High Engagement within the Governance Forum
Participation in community governance
RP drafted and put on the governance GIP-50: “Temporarily remove the withdraw cancellation request fee” proposal which received an ultimate support of 54 community members who voted with 538k GFI in favor of the proposal
Community mods and managers answered and closed more than 115 private tickets on Discord
Compensation for New Community Management
The compensation of each Community Management member has one component - USDC. Each member has a basic rate per month.
We propose the following USDC hourly rate - $41,75 for Community Manager and $36,75 for Community Moderator. The number, hours, and wage is decided based on the current community stats as mentioned above. We are also influenced by guidelines from the previous proposal. The proposed wage structure for each role is detailed in the sheet.
For compensating members of new community management, we request budget for 3 months of 19 200 USDC to be transferred from protocol reserves/treasury to community management multisig. We propose the following members in the 4 multisig - taylor, parallacs, RP, Po On.
We propose to make the payment twice, 50% USDC within the first month and 50% USDC within the 3rd month. And the second payment is only to be done if responsibilities are adequately fulfilled, as determined by the members in the multisig. We also believe that renewal of community management mandate should be made possible, but the community management most likely coming up with another proposal before the end of the 3-months term, justifying the case for renewal and with or without changes as necessary.
New community management compensation for 3 months: 19 200 USDC
Total to transfer to multisig: 19 200 USDC
- The selected Community Management are self-empowered and sufficient to collaborate in a ‘flat structure’ with community;
- Community is financially compensated for the work they are putting in the form of USDC;
- Community Management becomes the voice of the community and surfaces complaints.
Drawbacks and Risks
We see no drawbacks in having an optimal Community Management structure and paying previous community management members for the completed effort.
“YES” - Approve the New Community Management mandate
“NO” - Don’t approve.