GIP-40: 15 days cool-down period

Yes, I’m in. I find it very useful for the community

i think 15 day is long

I think maybe 10 days will be enough

Goldfinch community that didn’t meet the quorum on the snapshot voting in 3 days time, that’s sad. Therefore, 15 days will really be a solution to the issue, I vote for “yes”.

I do not support this decision, we live in the current very dynamic time, where every day is worth a lot, and you need to value time as much as possible, I suggest reducing it to 7 days, thank you for your attention.

I think people really need more time, on the downside - a 15-day waiting period can complicate the decision-making process and require community management to put more effort into managing and tracking offers. We have a strong team, I believe that they will cope. I support the decision.

I support the proposal to introduce a 15-day waiting period, because really 3 days are not enough for everyone to have the opportunity to vote, as written above - some proposals do not receive the adequate exposure on snapshot. I support the vote.

I fully support the 15-day vacation. The main thing is not speed, but quality). This is the optimal term, it will help people renew their ideas in their heads. Thank you.

@Mishal hello! thanks for the comment.
May you elaborate more on this? Why do you believe so?

@Gorgerhero hello! thanks for the comment.
May you elaborate more on this? Why do you believe so?

After this cool down period is over, put a proposal for a snapshot voting again, but suggest only implementing this once. If the proposal does not reach the quorum for the second time, the whole governance procedure should start from the very beginning. Therefore, it is necessary to give more time to people to rest and think, so as not to waste time again and not to start voting again. I will support it.

The question of too many days isn’t valid when it comes to making the voting process more democratic. I believe this is a useful initiative, so vote for its implementation in our DAO.

// Yes.

If proposals from the Goldfinch community that did not meet a quorum in 3 days of voting, then it is reasonable to give people more time, I would reduce 2 weeks to 10 days. Therefore, I will support this proposal, but it is possible to reduce the time to 10 days.

I vote yes for 15 days cool-down period for resubmitted proposal for snapshot voting to avoid spam.

At the same time to increase more participation, it’ll be good to implement snapshot poll to be activated during weekdays (MON - WED) and avoid weekend/public holidays for better engagement/participation.

In my opinion, this proposal will be useful. Indeed, the 3-day period may fall on a weekend or holiday or vacation. Or, for some other reason, potential voters did not pay attention to the proposal.
In cases where the required quorum is reached within a 3-day period, this procedure will simply not apply.
As a small negative point, some complication of the decision-making procedure can be noted, but this will be required only in individual cases.
So my answer is “YES”.

P.S. I also have a positive attitude to the proposals made earlier in the comments to conduct voting from Monday to Wednesday, excluding holidays if possible.

I will support this proposal, although I think that 15 days, perhaps too much, as an option, reduce it to 10 days

@raster @waffles @P_T @rch guys, many thanks for your feedback! However, this proposal was already moved to the 3 days snapshot voting [Snapshot] as this proposal managed to get a rough consensus here on the forum after 7 days of discussion. You might find it useful to get familiar with the way how things are set up here according to the Governance Guide: Goldfinch Governance Guide V1

3 Likes

I fully support this suggestion. A 15 days cool-down period might add more complexity to the decision-making process :man_student:and will require community management to apply more efforts while managing & tracking proposals. :four_leaf_clover:

I don’t support proposal. I think 3-5 days would be enough. The required number of votes was not collected before due to the low activity of the community. But as we see from the latest votes, everything has changed for the better.

@Breezy and @Timson thanks for your comments, but this proposal has been already moved to the snapshot voting where it reached the quorum. We strongly encourage you to participate in the governance discussion around new proposals once they appear here on the forum